Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blogging Awards! The Liebster Award.

Back in October, I received a blogging Award from Montys Caravan .

At the time I was quite thrilled, yet a little unsure what to do about it! I was not quite sure what the award was called, if anything...

I had not come across it on other blogs, and pondered it a while... Then October got rather busy for me, on the painting and modelling front ( you can probably see from my Blog archive that I think I only managed one post in October, the produce of which has been rolling out through November...) ... and I must confess I forgot about it! Shameful I know!

I now find I have been nominated for another Award, this time the Liebster Award, from Styx over at Strange Aeons blog.

Once again I am very thrilled to have been nominated, and most grateful for the award! It really does make all the time and effort, to paint up figures, make scenery, and write battle reports all the more worthwhile when you know its being appreciated and enjoyed by the gaming blogging community.

So I will just say thank you to all those who follow my blog and stop by to comment once in a while. It really is quite wonderful :-)

There have been a number of comments floating about recently about the negative aspects of social media, and yet I have to say I have only ever found it a wholesome and rewarding place to be, its almost a home from home, and a very supporting and encouraging environment. So Bravo to all my fellow gaming and painting bloggers out there!

The Liebster Award

The 'Anonymous' Award
I would love to pass these awards on to so many but some have already received them, or there are restrictions on who can recieve them.

I must confess the Award I received from Monty stated it was for 'new' blogs, yet my blog has been going for about 6 years now, so I am not even sure if I was eligable for it! But hey ho, its still a pleasure to be nominated.

Anyhow, heres the deal with nominations:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it you.

2. Pass the award to your top 5 favourite blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.

3. Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you have made someones day!

4. There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but its nice if you take the time to do so.


In no order here are some great blogs to check out and are my nominations to pass it on!



Serrez les Rangs, I am always so impressed with the amount and quality of Napoleonic work I see on the blog, and playing the rules I love for the period, Black Powder. I keep using this blog as inspiration to one day getting cracking on with my own Napoleonic forces! Fine work from a fine fellow in Tokyo.

Ogilvie VC, a fine fellow in Christchurch NZ, who although not the most avid blogger, in terms of output, always puts out great work, and always gives me a chuckle to read the humorous anecdotes and goings on in his actions! Well done that man! One pace Forward!

Crac des Chevaliers, another fine fellow in South Africa, who quite simply blows me away with the quality of his work at the 15mm scale on his Flames of War, World War II figures and vehicles etc. Quality at its finest.

 Plastic Legions, yet another fine fellow, in the US, who has done wonderful work in many of the areas where we share common interests; Lord of the Rings, Legends of the High Seas and Hail Caesar to name but a few. Always great to see whats going on here. Well done!

Baron's Blog, another fine fellow in the US, who manages a wide and eclectic range of periods, and always a quality showing. Simply a pleasure to stop by and see what the Baron's been up to. Again, well done.

Great blogs one and all, hope you can stop by to check them out.

Update 5/12/12...
Another Liebster nomination!
This time I received a most welocme nomination from a fine blog I have enjoyed for many years, from Scott over at BlackWarden . Scott and I share many gaming interests included a love of Pirates and Lord of the Rings, and even the same NFL team! So its a real buzz for me to receive his nomination.
Scott wrote such nice things, I even felt a bit misty eyed!
His is another great blog that I hope you will check out.
Thanks again,
Regards
The 'Antipodean' Scott.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats Scott, will check out some of the those blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man and I wholeheartedly agree with your comments regarding this cosy corner of the blogosphere that we all like to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Scott. Good choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats mate, nice choices not seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats again, I agree that bloggers are the one social media that is always positive..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Scott! I do enjoy reading your blog even if I don't comment on every post. There's always something interesting going on here. I saw this award on another blog, and I've already found some interesting sites. I'll check out some of the ones you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Scot, well deserved for sure

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on this well-deserved award - your blog posts are interesting and your painting top-notch. I agree that our hobby has many positive aspects and qualities. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. In my opinion, your blog is one of the best out there. Your award was most certainly deserved. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Scott. Don't play it down, in New Zealand terms this now makes you a "celebrity". Expect the call up for next years "Dancing With the Stars"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, not sure about celebrity, but its a nice thought! ;-)
      As for dancing with the stars, good God Sir, don't you know I have two left feet? ;-)

      Delete
    2. This is a country that has a statue to a penguin with no sense of direction and made a national icon out of a sheep that avoided being sheared for six years. Trust me, you're at least as worthy!

      Delete
    3. LOL ! OK you may have a point! ;-)

      Delete
  11. Well done! The good thing about these awards is that it gives the opportunity to highlight other excellent blogs as you have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Sir! It really raises your awareness of some of the great blogs that are out there that you may not have come across before...

      Delete
  12. Thank you all for your kind words, it really is most appreciated, and just reinforces my feelings that the hobby blogging environment is a great place to roam!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...